Which documents require a Sworn Translation?
The submission of documents in foreign language before departments or entities, or to public, judicial or administrative agencies of the National Government or the Government of the Autonomous City of Buenos Aires must be done in Spanish with a legalized sworn translation.
These documents can be:
- Licenses, entries, certificates, contracts, diplomas, transcripts, deeds, accounting statements, by-laws, technical documents, rogartory papers, rulings, commercial papers, certificates, passports, patents and trademark, intellectual property, copyright, power of attorneys, orders, biddings, inventories, summons, marriage certificates, divorce and property settlement, birth certificates, death certificates, criminal records, cohabitation certificate, real states documents, insurance, trade agreements, bills of lading, international arbitration, etc.
What is a legalization?
Colegio de Traductores Públicos de la Ciudad de Buenos Aires (Sworn Translators' Association of the City of Buenos Aires) by means of legalization certifies the signature an seal of the translator. Legalization is a proceeding that can be done in the same day or in two days and accompanies the original document and translation.
What is a Sworn Translator?
A sworn translator is in charge of making document translations that must be submitted before departments entities or to public agencies. In Argentina, their activity is regulated by Public Law 20.305 and the sworn translator is the only professional admitted to give legal validity to a translation.
Areas of specialization
- Economics, finance and accounting.
- Customs and foreign trade.
- Travelling, tourism and hotel industry.
- Software localization.
Why to choose us
- Our team is composed by certified and technical translators.
- We learn constantly by attending courses, speeches and seminars to be updated.
- We have wide experience in translation.
- We assure confidentiality of the documents handed in.
- Translations are delivered after having been revised as to assure a good quality.
- We keep a strict policy about timeliness of delivery and compliance of established deadlines.
- We work hand in hand with our clients.
We work in English, Spanish, Italian, French. Ask for other languages.
Please, ask for advice or further information.
We will get back to you shortly.